The Purpose Of This Blog

Hi, I'm Caleb Wynn. I like board games. A lot. Not only do I like them, I love them. And I have for quite a while. But it wasn't until recently that I became an addict. Over the past year I have amassed a much bigger collection of board games than I could have ever dreamed of owning just a few short years ago. And yet, here I am sitting on 43, and planning to purchase a few more in the next couple of weeks. I own games of all types. War games, Euro games, American style games (I'm not a big fan of the term Ameritrash, but to each his own)... And yet, I don't yet feel that I have played enough to even begin to form an opinion on what type of game is my favorite. To quote Michael Bolton from Office Space, "I guess I just kinda like them all." And that just so happens to be the case.

During my many gaming adventures so far I have met a lot of people. Whether it be at conventions or game group meet ups I always seem to meet at least one interesting individual. And maybe that is what I like most about playing board games. Not so much the type of game or the mechanics of the game, but the socialization that playing the game with others brings. And so the purpose of this blog must be to give you, the reader, an insight into how games can bring out the best and worst in people. How they can bring us ecstasy and frustration. And best of all, good times and new friends.

So I hope that while you read this blog and hopefully enjoy and follow it, you too can experience the wonderful highs and woeful lows that I have over the years. I hope that you can relate your own experiences with individuals that you know to the individuals that I have played with and still play with today.

So, what can you look forward to? Well, you can look forward to my personal opinions (what else would they be?) about games and the people that play them (especially the people I play with). You can look forward to posts about the different types of gaming that I participate in and a (hopefully) insightful view on the oddities of the human experience through board gaming. Additionally, I hope that you find this blog to be entertaining and worth your time to read. This, I can assure you, I will strive to ensure.

Next episode: My game group and the odds and ends that make it up!

Comments

James said…
cool! I'm looking forward to checking out your tips and insights!
Unknown said…
Can't wait to read the next one about our group! I laughed at the word Ameritrash, hah, haven't heard that one before!

Popular Posts